Last updated: 11 March 2022
Swedish Roads is an online community, to explore, connect, review and share Swedish places.
• Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, purchase a membership, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, display name, username, bio, email address, business information, your content, including your avatar image, photos, posts, responses, and series published by you, and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a Swedish Roads membership as a gift for someone. We will use this information to fulfill your request and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your request, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
• Information we collect automatically when you interact with us
In some instances, we automatically collect certain information, including:
– Activity information:
We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as your order history and when you share reviews, share listings, share stories and follow listings and follow stories.
– Transactional information:
When you purchase a membership, we collect information about the transaction, such as subscription details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
– Device and usage information:
We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. We use Google Analytics as a service.
– Information collected by cookies and similar tracking technologies:
• Information we collect from other sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from social networks, accounting services providers and data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Swedish Roads account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, lists of friends or followers, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
• Information we derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer reading preferences based on your activity history.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, which includes publishing and distributing user-generated content, personalizing the posts you see and operating our metered paywall. We also use the information we collect to:
– Create and maintain your Swedish Roads account;
– Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations, receipts, and user experience surveys;
– Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
– Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
– Communicate with you about new content, products, services, and features offered by Swedish Roads and provide other news and information we think will interest you;
– Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
– Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Swedish Roads, our users and others;
– Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
– Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
– Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We will never sell your information and we share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
– We share personal information with other users of the Services. For example, if you use our Services to publish content, post comments or post reviews, certain information about you will be visible to others, such as your name, photo, bio, other account information you may provide, and information about your activities on our Services.
– We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other infrastructure, analytics, payment processing, fraud prevention and security, customer service, communications, and marketing.
– We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to legal process, we will give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about users of our Services that we believe are improper.
– We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Swedish Roads, our users, the public, or others.
– We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
– We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
– Personal information is shared between and among Swedish Roads and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
– We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
– We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Swedish Roads does not host some of the content displayed on our Services. Users have the ability to post content that is actually hosted by a third party, but is embedded in our pages (an “Embed”).
When you interact with an Embed, it can send information about your interaction to the hosting third party just as if you were visiting the third party’s site directly.
For example, when you load a Swedish Roads page with a YouTube video Embed and watch the video, YouTube receives information about your activity, such as your IP address and how much of the video you watch. Swedish Roads does not control what information third parties collect through Embeds or what they do with the information.
The Swedish Roads head-quarter is based in Sweden, and we have operations and service providers in Sweden and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
For example, we transfer images to Amazon Web Services, one of our service providers that processes personal information for us in various data center locations across the globe, including those listed here. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
• Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
– To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products and services you requested).
– When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
– To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
– When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
• Data Retention
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your listing(s) or post(s) remains active. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
When your membership package ends, your listing won’t be public visible anymore, but you can still see it in your own account. We save your listing-data up till 3 months, so when you decide to purchase or extend your 1 Year Membership package within these 3 months, your data is still available.